Tuesday 2 December 2008

GUESS WHAT!!!!???? I'm a broken record! Guess what else?

Despite there being no conceivable explanation, no reason at all, no way they could have ever got it wrong....

As if that having to wear a badge, not even one of those nice clippy on ones - just a crappy, curl up around the edges, stick to your arse when drunk computer labels usually reserved for folders in the office - isn't bad enough....

Even though it's a networking thing where the point is to get to know one another, mingle with different companies and their staff; where everyones eyes are immediately drawn to the label to see who it is they're talking to....

OF COURSE....

They got my bloody name wrong.



And after working here for 3 months, at last my boss (yes, my boss) has finally caught onto the fact that he should cease calling me "Joanne". He finally got the message . Literally, got the message I sent him after seeing yet another email telling them that "Joanne would get in touch and set up the meeting".

I fumed.
I hit reply.

"No problem. Will get onto it.
PS. Boss: My name is Joanna, not Joanne. Sorry. Pet hate"


It worked. One down, 3 million to go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to kill him...to DETH! Tell him if it's too hard he can call you Jo

Brennig said...

OK Judy. Whatever you say. :)

Robbie said...

Are you ABSOLUTLY sure your name isn't Joanne?

The Unbearable Banishment said...

When I first called my colleague “Jackie” she corrected me straight away and said it was “Jaclyn.” It’s good to nip that stuff in the bud, but it helps if it’s remembered.

Anonymous said...

When I'm dealing with somebody that I don't like, I deliberately call them the wrong name just to wind them up. Is there any chance that your boss doesn't like you, or simply hasn't forgiven you yet for your PA blunders last month?

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

lizsara - already tried that one. I told him the only person who calls me Joanna is my mum when she's pissed off with me.

brennig - there's allllways one!

robbie - sometimes i ask myself the same thing. pretty sure though. (i hope. or i'll feel like a right tit after all this going on)

unbearable - ah see, i should have not been so polite when i first met him. that'll teach me.

perp - if thats the case he's hated me from the day he met me. the future's bright ;)

Emsbabee said...

Wow, he must have amazing people skills. Give that man a biscuit. The mouldiest biscuit at the bottom of a very old tin.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir