Monday 28 February 2011

No news is...well, no news

It's nearly ten o'clock and I'm still waiting to hear about the room. An e-mail this morning told me I was one of 20 people who viewed it yesterday, of which they'd whittled it down to three. They would, she said, decide this evening and let me know the outcome.

Add to this the e-mail I had from Bastard Ex making arrangements to collect his things, and today has been a day of jitters. Whatever happens with this house share - and at the moment I'm assuming no news is bad news - the countdown is on for next Monday when the flat can be ticked off my list of things to worry about.

All I want at the moment is to unpack somewhere and stay there for a while. From travelling to home, to the excitement of the moving out, the sudden shift home, back and forth to the flat for weekends...it's all just driving me a bit mad. I feel unsettled and I just want to stop in one place. My room's a mess; my belongings are all in bags ready to be unpacked, or shifted somewhere else.

I'd be happy with either at the moment. Inbetween is crap.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

I'm a few hours behind so don't know if you've heard back but I've my fingers crossed you get your room.
its such a lovely feeling when you finally have somewhere and its your first choice.

London Lass Blog said...

I hope by the time I type in this comment you've been put out of your misery (and they haven't gone all weird and X-Factor-y on you and asked the three faves back for a 'second audition').

Anonymous said...

Any news yet?

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

No news, so I'm guessing it's a no :-(

Onwards to the next!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir