Wednesday 28 January 2009

Shortsightedness no optician can fix

It took me an hour and a half to get into work this morning.

Every road I turned onto had a traffic jam.

Interesting stuff, no?

No.

...

In other news,

"Oh, and we almost made it through this year without any pregnancies" was the sentiment flying around The Little School of Horrors yesterday.

A girl, one with eyes that give better evils than any character on Eastenders, is pregnant.

Put aside any cliches, any generalisations and any knowledge of Britain's benefit system you may have procured after 4 years of daytime TV and Jeremy Kyle; the first time you hear a 15 year old girl say that she's having a baby in order to get a house will shock you. You're eyes will shut, you will sigh, shake your head. We know it happens, but to hear that the words have been said, to know who said them and to see her through the window, rolling up and lighting a cigarette with her school mates is another thing entirely.

7 comments:

The Unbearable Banishment said...

Well, at least she’s trying to get a house and not hang onto a man by having his baby. I’ve heard that rational, as well. There’s a practicality to her methods.

She can form a support group with Bristol Palin—the teen mother of our almost-Vice President and U.S. conservative horror show Sarah Palin. It’s always the ones who preach the loudest who are the guiltiest.

(I just ran a spell check and when it came to “Palin” I hit IGNORE. Ha.)

Robbie said...

"Oh, and we almost made it through this year without any pregnancies" Its January 29th! They have very short years in The Little School

weenie said...

What a great incentive eh - have a baby, get a free house, benefits, never have to work a day in your life. Girls were doing this when I was at school so things haven't changed over the past 20 years.

We should all be doing it except we're all mugs and stupidly try to work for a living.

Mouldy-Old-Tartlet said...

Very depressing.

I happen to dwell in an East of England location `affectionately' termed `Pram Town' (packed to the girth with young mothers in council houses) which is pretty grim.

Brennig said...

I can top this!

I heard a 14 year-old girl say to two of her mates... 'I can't wait to get fisted'.

Unknown said...

I don't think I can comment on that. Anything I say will make me sound like I agree with people who subscribe to the Daily Mail. Erk.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for the kid. Who, will probably get to 15 and then have a kid so she can move out of her mother's clutches.

@Bennig: don't even get me started on what I hear on trains about girls' 'encounters'

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir