Saturday, 21 June 2008

Why handbrakes are important

This post by blue soup about her bike getting it's wing mirror knocked off reminded me of a couple of photos I took on my phone the other week. Finding your car or bike damaged is one thing. But imagine getting back to your parking space after a mooch round the shops and finding that your car wasn't even where you left it....



...because it had rolled forward until it was resting against the car opposite, holding up all the traffic in the one way multi-story.

I really, reallllly hope both drivers got back to their cars at the same time. Now that would be an awkward conversation worth hanging around for...

9 comments:

James said...

The question though is if you didn't arrive back at the same time, would you drive off as if nothing had happened.

Personally I think I would be too scared I'd been caught on some CCTV or something or by a parking warden.

Clarissa said...

I hope the driver of the rolled out car was a man.

Reluctant Blogger said...

ooops! I am paranoid about my handbrake and am always worrying if I leave my car on a hill that I may come back and find it has slipped down. But it never has - thankfully.

I wear handbrake cables out really quickly as I am over-enthusiastic in applying the brake!

RustedWire said...

Clarissa, let's face it, it was most definately a woman, probably aged over seventy, who "just borrowed my husbands car and i'm just not used to it." or some other lame excuse like that.

Cancel her licence, i say. One strike you're out. That's how i roll (no pun intended).

Wilma said...

My Daddy would say"Women Drivers"
Mummy would give him one og her stares!
LOL!

Blue soup said...

Oh my. Now that's a whoops moment. The Mechanic is paranoid about cars rolling. He leaves his in gear too.

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

james - Yeah thats what I asked myself! I think it would depend on the damage, personally.

Clarissa - I kind of do, too.

reluctant - better to be over enthusiastic than have that happen!

rustedwire - I'd love to be able to write a follow up post to this stating that it was a man driving...I really would...if only I could find out for sure!

wilma - Haha, it's alllll about the Mother Stares. Scary stuff.

blue - It's the reccommended way...I just never think to put mine in gear. I'd forget and go flying forward when I restarted it, probably.

surviving myself said...

Hahaha - awesome.

theperpetualspiral said...

That's why I always leave my manual car in gear whenever I park it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir