Sunday, 11 November 2007

# You give me rrrrrroad rrrrrrage

The volume of absolute concrete-brained turds allowed to drive cars on the road stupifies me. On the way back from town today, I'm pootling along behind this driver going at 30...but it's not really bothering me and I'm just singing along to my music, as you do. Yes, sometimes slow drivers irritate me, especially when I've got somewhere to go but generally I don't go any further than to mutter away to myself while cursing the fact that old people are still allowed to drive after the age of 60. It was, however, clearly irritating the spotty teenager in the car behind me.

We got to a T junction, myself and Slow Coach are indicating to go RIGHT. Slow Coach begins to turn, I'm following. The Raikkonen Wannabe behind me skips up the inside (as if he was going left), but instead cuts across into the right hand lane, overtaking Slow Coach on the other side of the road and missing the front of my car and a bollard in the middle of the road by about an inch. What made the whole operation even more pointless was that Slow Coach was turning into a side road immediately afterwards anyway, and Wannbe Raikkonen went down a side road about 10 yards further along. At about 60mph though, of course. It was truly the most irritatingly dangerous thing I've seen all day (which is saying something seeing as I'd just braved Primark for a pair of tights). Given the youths in this city's penchance for knives and guns, I had to resist the urge to tear down the road after him and roar 'WHAT THE FAAAAACK DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING' whilst unleashing the dragon fist (or more likely, foot) in his direction (pow, pow, pow, etc), and went on my way. My lovely little car was unscathed, but the near miss, all for the sake of getting 10 yards up the road in 5 seconds instead of 10, had me fuming.

I can only conclude that even more annoying than slow drivers are the imbeciles who are too impatient to wait behind them for all of two minutes, putting everyone else at risk as a result.

Scumbags.

8 comments:

Ella said...

Primark, the love/hate relationship I have with that store ...

Love the blue.

Girl Vino said...

I can assure you, you are one of many in the road rage club. I too am a life time member! There is one other rage I suffer from (apart of course from 'male stupidity rage') and that is supermarket rage. When those grannies and their walkers infringe on my aisle rights I get a tad steamed! Then you hoooooonnnnn past them when there is a free space (or turn back the way you came) only to be confronted by them again at the checkout! HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GET THERE BEFORE YOU!?! you hear yourself wonder....as they count out $20 in ten cent pieces. :)

Miss Understood said...

What a complete jerk. People lke that deserve to have a very nasty accident.

AFC 30K said...

Send him down to me - I'll teach him how to drive properly....

London-Lass said...

Yep. He's an arsehole.

Much like the one who braked sharply in front of my brother because he saw bits of cardboard .. yes, c-a-r-d-b-o-a-r-d .. in front of his car which he didnt want to go over in case it ended up getting caught up in his car. My brother (naturally) on being confronted with a suddenly stationary car as he rounded a bend behind the suddenly stopped vehicle, braked mere millimetres from the `scared of cardboard driver', but then ended up getting rear-ended (and not in a good way) by a driver in a car behind my brother.

There's definitely a general lack of patience as well as an absence of any sort of thought/concern for others.

AFC 30K said...

It's all poor driving though - God I sound like a road safety advert - although I am now a fully fledged instructor for the Institue of Advanced Motorists (I passed my exams on Saturday even if it is completely voluntary and unpaid!

I may have to go and write a post about it....

Jo said...

ella - Fancied a change. It's my winter look.

girl vino - Oh lordy...grannies and supermarkets are just a bad combination. What about screaming kids and supermarkets...just as bad, no? You may be interested in my friend Miss Pink's idea as detailed in the third point on this post: http://sleepingeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/love-hate.html

miss understood - yes, although preferably with an inanimate object and not with another car..we can but hope.

afc - You'd have to catch him first!

londonlass - it's so frustrating, because you want to scrreeaaam WHAT WERE YOU DOING, but in their head their actions are perfectly reasoned.

afc...go forth and post! What made you want to do it? It's probably a very good thing to have on your CV come to think of it.

James said...

Sorry, I didn't realise it was you. I was in a rush to get home, I'd left a pie in the oven.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir