Thursday, 8 November 2007

The Post that Never Was

So I've completed it. Actually, let me start this post again because I hate it when blogs start with 'So'. Call it a minor annoyance.
 
I also hate it when people say 'Anyway, I digress' because you never say that in real life and I've only ever really seen it on blogs and poncy novels. And it's ok the first time you see it and you think 'ooh, that's a good word', but it's like a flu and everyone's using that word, so don't. I've done it but that's ok because most stuff that pisses me off is ok when I do it. While we're on the subject, blogs that are confusing and say stuff like 'Then EBH and FG, along with JS went to the garden and spoke to HY' - just make up names people. Stop this faffing about with initials. It's mental for my eyes and head, and generally doesn't make me want to continue with the whole reading experience. Also, stop blogging about your lack of blogging. One 'sorry I've not been about' post is good, fine, dandy. But don't do it over and over again. One blog I read but seldom comment on is constantly going 'Oh, sorry I haven't posted in ages, I'll do it soon' and it's like bothered... I....ain't....bothered....Fact.
 
Rant over
 
In fact, bollocks...I've forgotten what I was going to write about in the first place. And because I put the title in at the end, I can't even get a clue from that.
 
And also, I forgot what annoys me as well but also do myself, although very rarely...and that is when someone says something that annoys them, then does it at the end of the post. For example if I was now to say 'So, I've finished work, anyway I digress'...like one big quirky joke.
 
That is all....promise.
 

17 comments:

pink jellybaby said...

you're crazy, you really are.... and it's great!

James said...

I second what pink jellybaby said

AFC 30K said...

I do use the 'I digress' phrase whilst talking mainly because I witter on about so many things.

Venting said...

I know people who say that in real life, and I want to punch them in the face.

Nikki said...

I think if I tried to say "I digress" in real life, with my accent, people would just look at me like "why is this common girl trying to act all posh?" I'm not sure I could even get away with it on the internet because even then I'd be looking at MYSELF like "why are you trying to act all posh?" Oh, sad times.

Marika said...

Ok...what?

Miss Understood said...

You crack me up!

(Am I allowed to say that?)

London-Lass said...

Coo. Everyone seems to be getting upset in Blog Land at the mo. Is there a full moon?

Joanna said...

pjb & james - welcome to my brain...

afc - Curse you for disproving my point!

Venting - hurrah to you for proving my point!

Nikki - Would it be a bit like 'Ahhh Darrrgresssh' cockney style? What accent so I can imagine it, please advise.

marika - "I digress"

Miss understood - as long as it's not said in a mocking tone, yes, I can allow that :-D

londonlass - I used to be a warewolf but I'm alright NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

James said...

Joanna???

Jo have you decided it is now time to sound more mature and hence now go by the name of Joanna?

AFC 30K said...

Doing the job I do gives rise to specific instances when I cna use the 'I/we digress'

Work on sometimes complex construction jobs we can end up going off on one point when we are in meetings and so, to bring everyone back on to track politely I tend to say "but we digress, now back to the point..."

Either that or may it's just me - who knows.

Although I have never met Venting in a meeting I have been in the odd meeting or two which has seen people trade blows over the meeting table.....

Nikki said...

Joanna -- It's a mix of cockney and Welsh (having grown up in Wales with a Londoner for a father) and often unidentifable to many. I have been accused three times of sounding Australian, but I like to think those people are mental.

kit lizette said...

I LOVE your rants! Excellent.

Kit - back soon

Girl Vino said...

A refreshing read, to which I actually nodded in agreement as I read. When people use words like 'digress' and other big words, it just confuses the little people!

Jo said...

Jaaammess you've found me out! No see what it is is that I've got 2 google accounts, one for blog stuff that I made recently and one for my everyday emails. For some reason the blog one calls me Joanna and the other one calls me Jo. Sometimes when I'm not my usual quick self, I get muddled and turn into Joanna. Only call me this if you're angry with me.

afc - Oh yeah business situations are fair enough, but blogs are more personal accounts...and saying 'I digress' is like a fashionable bloggy thing to do...like 'ooh ain't I posh' :-D

nikki - Ah I seeeee...A bit like people from the Isle of Wight then, but without the imbreeding?

Kit - Whay thankyou come again.

girl vino - exactly! Keep it simplllllllle! I know what 'digressing' is, but there is just NO place for it around here! Amen!

Homer said...

There's one blogger who ends every one of her lame, boring posts with the same catchphrase, and it makes me want to track her down and bite her.

I can't say who it is though, you're only a couple of degrees removed and I'm not THAT horrible.

Jo said...

Damn those pesky degrees of separation.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir