Thursday, 11 October 2007

WHUCA Wednesday (Just pretend)

Yes, I know it's Thursday...but just pretend it's Wednesday. A day is a day is a day.

Not really recently captured I admit, as, well, I haven't been to an all night- nightclub (let alone one open til 7am in Vauxhall...ahem) for about 2 years. However, last night I discovered some amazing pictures taken on one of the aforementioned nights. And oh, they're good.

You might be forgiven for thinking that these pictures were actually taken in a European country, say...Germany or Austria, perhaps France (those quirky French lot and their zany fashion) in 1980 or the early 1990s..... not so. This is someone's idea of fashion in London in 2005. Not only London, but SOUTH London. You know how South Londoners always think they're better than North Londoners, cooler, down with the kids? Well, I've got the evidence that this is also not the case. And yes, that is a horn you can glimpse in her left hand. Parp.

OHHHH LOVE...What have you come as? The Nightmare Before Christmas? And you think that's all? A fishing net fashioned into a pair of trousers? A see-through blouse, an all white combo with...are they boots underneath? Oh no, there was one more beautiful item of clothing I spied that night as well. But for that, you can wait til next time.

(Definitely a Wednesday next time, as well)

Feel free to send your own offerings to the email addy over there --->

Mmmmmm....beautiful.

13 comments:

Lapa said...

See you did not have any visites
until now.

It's 05:48 PM

Steph said...

Woah! She nicked my nans front curtains!!

Marika said...

Steph beat me to it...that's exactly what it reminds me of too. Curtain netting.

Drama Queen said...

No way. . .and I bet she went out without a coat!

Jo said...

steph & marika - damn right...who'd have thought they'd make such a lovely emsemble as well?

dq - But what an outfit to show off! I for one wouldn't wear a coat with a body and clothing to cover it like that...

London-Lass said...

Although clearly the girl decided to ignore the good sense she was born with when she got dressed that evening, at least she had the where with all to actually wear something under those nightmarish fishing net pant thingies. See? Even if you have to really try hard to find it, there's always a silver lining.

Ella said...

I don't know what to say. How dare that woman let the south-side down! Then again, it was a club in vauxhall so all expectations should be immediately lowered ...

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Understood said...

Oh my God.

londongirl said...

Beautiful indeed.

I have noticed that in South London there are lots of women who, as a rule, wear far too much jewellery and not enough clothes.

Perhaps that's better than those clothes?

Jo said...

london lass - You're very very right. It could have been so much worse....I shudder to think. Good optimism there :D

ella - Hahaha...yeah while I was taking that photo my car was parked outside getting scratched with a key so you're right there. Is that karma or what?

miss understood - BLEURGH. Indeed.

londongirl - lol...I've noticed that too. If it was between seeing more of her and less of the curtains, I'd happily go with the outfit she's got there.

Lapa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lapa said...

There are three kinds of women:

the pretty ones

the ugly ones

and the blondes...

Tchau.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir