Thursday, 2 August 2007

Tube Etiquette

  • Dear possibly 18 year old boy sitting opposite me on the met line this afternoon: I know you're tired from being out of your pit at the ungodly hour of 1pm, but please. If I wanted to see inside your mouth and down your throat every 2 minutes and have unrestricted access to your wonky, awful teeth I'd be leaning over you in a dentist's chair, not sitting opposite you on the tube. If you must stretch open your facial orafice in a show of immense fatigue, please do it with your hand over your mouth.


  • Dear woman sitting next to the sign that reads 'Please Keep Your Feet Off The Seats'. If the sign read 'Please Keep Your Shoes off the Seat' and you chose to ignore it, then fair enough. I do that all the time, I won't chastise you for a quick "rest of the old trainers on the seat infront" malarky. But the reality is, it asks you not to put your bare, sweaty, smelly, unsocked feet on the seats while you kick back and read your paper. This isn't a foot-airing salon, you are not about to receive a pedicure from the train driver or any other passenger, so be a star and keep your twinkle-toes under wraps. Thank you.


  • Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
    8,149 / 20,000
    (40.7%)

9 comments:

the boy who likes to... said...

You know whats a bit weird, I spotted someone on a bus that passed me that had their bare feet up on the bus seat.
Weeeurd!

Steph said...

That made me throw up in my mouth! Who does that????

Venting said...

So happy about not having to take the tube anymore. SO HAPPY!!

lorna said...

on a different note, cheers to the progress on the writing.

Marika said...

AAUGH! BARE feet? That's heinous!

www.womenclothesonline.info said...

That really is a bad thing to do. I would hate to see something like that in public.

Drama Queen said...

Haha with pics too. Cunning. Very cunning.

Jo said...

www.women... - I concur!

DQ - Why, of course...what else are camera phones for apart from taking photos of rancid awfulness? ;)

London-Lass said...

I hate dirty people/the tube but I still love the Met's sofa style seats. Big and comfy. (Although obviously teeming with bacteria/foot skin and other unmentionables which I'd rather blank out from my mind ..)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir