Sunday, 26 August 2007

And the winner is...

This week's Most Irritating poll winner is "People with huge unpopped, whiteheaded spots on their face that you can't stop looking at" with a puss ridden 46% of the vote. I'm surprised. I thought Shania Twain might just have pipped it.


While we're on the subject, let's expand. I myself am an avid spot squeezer - if one of the little buggers dares blight my face (like Everest and Vesuvius that sprouted into being on my forehead last week) I'm at it quicker than fat kid to cake. Fact. That goes for any that might appear on my boyfriend's back as well - I just can't help it (Me: Let me get it! Him: "JO, NO!" Me: AHA! Got it!). I'm not sure why, they just irritate me, sitting there all smug on someones face. The little pimply white bits that used to sit on this one girl's face at school used to have me literally staring at her in lessons. I couldn't help thinking 'Whose your mate? And, pray tell, what is he doing on your face with that little white raincoat on?'


I put forward that there is nothing more satisfying than squeezing a big spot, so why people follow the advise of magazines, websites and general leaflets that promote 'Do not squeeze! You'll scar yourself! You'll get bacteria spreading here there and everywhere!' I shall never understand. It's all big, hairy bat balls, if you ask me. Big hairy bat balls written by middle aged doctors who had perfectly clear skin through their teens and never experienced the joy of a ripe one splatting on the mirror. Don't 'Eurghhhhhh, Jo' me, we've all done it - and if you haven't, it's you whose missing out. True story.



Saying that, I leave you with a case in which spot squeezing is not advisable; and that is in public, or...in a classroom. I recall a friend of mine who was in the same music class as a blind boy at my school in about year 10. She told me about the time she'd sat opposite him and watched as he fiddled about, oblivious to the people opposite him, with this huge whitehead on his forehead, the contents of which got wiped along the table after it popped. Yum.


Eurgh, that most definitely mings.


Check the sidebar for this week's most irritating choices.

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I suddenly feel faintly queasy...

Miss Understood said...

Jo, that was truly disgusting.

Do you want my Ready Brek?

Jo said...

Hahahahahahaha

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who wants some custard?

Moggy said...

Yes, I used to have a girlfriend who liked to pop spots too. Not that I was a particularly spotty youf, I hasten to add, but looking back on it, never having given it any real thought (well, why would I?) it does seem a tad bizarre!

Harriet said...

I just have to add that once a girl in my class sat in front of me the whole lesson popping spots, which I didn't mind so much, they were really nasty looking. The thing that bothered me was the EATING THE CONTENTS of the spot after she picked it... WHO DOES THAT? I almost screamed in horror!

Must admit though, have popped the boyfriends spots before much to his discomfort. Why won't they just let us go at them for a few minutes? I'd be done quick! I swear!
xxx xxx

Jo said...

moggy - it's not bizarre...it's intensely satisfying!

Harriet - EEEEEEEEEEURRGHHHHHH THAT'S SO INCREDIBLY RANKUS-MILANKUS-MAXIMUS EUUUURGGHHH

Note to readers: Jo does NOT EAT the contents of her spots...

Marika said...

Scouring my boyfriend's back for blackheads and spots is, hands down, one of my FAVOURITE passtimes EVER. He once likened it to the Chinese 'death by a thousand cuts' and that one day he'd snap and I would rue the day.

Whatever.

Until then, he's a slightly blemished canvas, and I am his eraser.

Jo said...

See! I KNEW I wasn't the only one who loves a good spot squeeezing sesh (on someone else)

Chinese death by a thousand cuts...hahaha, love it :D

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir