Saturday, 31 March 2007

Blah Blah Blah...

I've been up (ok, awake) since about half 9 this morning and between now and then have succeeded in
  • writing a list of things to do, including: research postcolonialism enough to write an essay about it, eat, shop, put pile of washing in machine, take out when done.
  • Crossing 'shop' off the list in favour of a day of 'research postcolonialism enough to write an essay about it'
  • Eating
  • Dropping said food down myself and on floor
  • Arranging to meet up with old junior school friend I re-met through facebook who I haven't seen in 10 years
  • Playing gameboy

The list stops there really, so yeah...a really productive day so far. I resisted the urge to go shopping, partly because even though I'm up for it now, it is Saturday which means all the rancid awful children who broke up from school yesterday will be running riot around Harrow town centre in their Avirex jackets and Moschino garmz, init, screaming 'CHANTELLLLE, GET ME A MC FLURRY I'LL PAY YOUUUUU INIT' or 'DIDYOUSEE TYRONNNE HE WELL BUFFFF' and generally getting in my way. Therefore the prospect of a trip to Harrow doesn't particularly excite me, nor does sitting in traffic on route to Watford for much the same experience do anything for me. And I need to do work anyway.

However. You are currently reading the product of my work effort so far, and the only way I can see myself doing anything remotely work-like is if I disconnect the internet so that evil facebook and blog can't get me. The internet is definitely bad again today.

On the upside, I finally got a text from the Barbados-bound-boyfriend to the sound of 'Its overcast and raining' which was fantastic news to my ears. No doubt it isn't a lasting forecast but still, after yesterdays rainy day here and my equally dreary mood, it cheered me a little.

Ok. Work time. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

bec said...

I feel the same way about the internet today but everytime I shut down Airport I start to wonder if I have comments/email/messages etc and find a 'legitimate' excuse to log in again!

Sandra said...

oh i know! i'm gone addicted to my blog. if i'm offline i keep thinking hmm wonder is there anyone on it now, or what part of the world are they from.
its' good and bad.

oh well the internet is the way forward....isn't it???????

sandra

Sandra said...

i'm a computer science student so i've just contridicted my future profession...hmm

COME ONE COME ALL THE INTERNET IS WONDERFUL

hee hee

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir