Thursday, 7 April 2011

Every cloud has a silver (and sometimes revealing and hairy) lining

Today, a feeling of disillusionment has washed over my little brain.

What's the matter?

Well, it's a lump of this dejected stuff, a bit of that retrospective anger malarky, a side of stagnation and a slice of knowledge that my life is no longer as it was three months ago.

In other words, the healing process continues.

In my words, I just feel a bit rubbish today, init.

And in Bonnie Tyler's words, "Every now and then I fall apart"

But the sun is shining, there's money in my bank account, friends abound and well, there are worse things that could happen in the grand scheme of Things What Go Wrong.

For example, you could have a boyfriend...and he could get on the tube dressed like this.


And so, faced with the possibility of Man Cleavage on the tube, I say...every cloud.

11 comments:

JDojo18 said...

I will never wear a V-neck

The Unbearable Banishment said...

That's a man? Seriously.

Breeza said...

Good point! Man cleavage---ugh!

modelofamodernmajorgeneral said...

So you're a skinny, hairless boy kind of gal?

I'm not defending that top btw, it's a little (a lot actually!) low cut for me.

Anonymous said...

You're bound to feel crap. Bit of excitement over a date which sadly then made you realsed you're not over your ex. It's only been 2 months - not a long time to grieve him or just accept hopes and dreams with him gone. Give yourself time. I am 100 per cent certain that you will have happiness, good times and love from a much better man in the future. And if you inconceivably you don't, I give you permission to punch me ;)

Be kind to yourself
Debs x

Blonde said...

Damn straight. Single over terrible-boyfriend-mancleavage any day of the week. (I think that's been termed 'he-vage' by some dodgy fashion PR somewhere. I hate our industry about 85% of the time.)

Chin up, chick. Today is a bit shitty, but tomorrow will be better. x

dellers said...

you've been doing so well so far. its only natural that there'll be days that drag you down. i was dumped abruptly this time last yr and still get bouts of anger at him. keep that silverlining close by and repeat all the reasons why you're better off now. i know its little consolation and hard to do when all you want to do is kick, scream and punch the geebag!!!

London-Lass said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit `meh' - but like you say it's all part of the healing process.

And, if truth be told, I quite liked the hairy dude shot ... just dont tell the Chuppies.

theperpetualspiral said...

Urgh.

That is all.

Ellie said...

Why didn't I read this on Friday? It would have put me in a right jolly mood! HARRRAHAHARHAAAA

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

JDojo - A wise choice, given the evidence.

Unbearable - Allegedly, yes. A man with girlfriend.

Breeza - Urrrghhh.

model - No, I'm just a "put your man baps away" kinda gal :D

Debs - Spot on. All a bit much at the moment, I think.

Blonde - That's the hope. And he-vage? Blimey. The things people get paid to do.

Dellers - You're correct. The silver (sometimes hairy) lining is the thing to keep in mind. Repeat after me...

Londonlass - If only the Chuppies knew what you admitted to online, eh?

Perp - Seconded.

Ellie - Jolly with a hint of nausea.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir