Wednesday, 30 March 2011

What Have You Come As: Ambiguous Beast edition

Midday on a Monday. My acquaintance and I are perched on the curb, watching the world go by and demolishing some bangers by the edge of Borough Market.

All of a sudden, a huge, furry monster appears. Half bear, half LION.

It croaks into a receiver pinned to it's side, planning it's next move on a rampage across London. The monster has already attacked and eaten one hapless victim today; a German tourist, whose wide-brimmed hat he wears like a trophy on his head.

The beast has also clearly dropped by the circus, gobbling up clowns and stealing their yellow comedy shoes for his own amusement.

The Bear Lion Thing pauses. I seize my chance. Without dropping my sausage sarnie, I snap a photo.


Be afraid, London. Be very afraid.

9 comments:

modelofamodernmajorgeneral said...

^ is why I don't live in London.

punctuation said...

Holy crap it's Walt Whitman's ghost!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Whitman

Also, those shoes look too much like clogs which is not at all right.

AFC 30K said...

How did you get a picture of me???

London-Lass said...

Bill Bailey?

Gump said...

He has become my wallpaper of the week. I can't look away. He has captured my attention.

Breeza said...

He looks like my guitar teacher. Creepy!

theperpetualspiral said...

Those are quite the turn ups.

em said...

i think he got on the bus in leeds last night, but he was carrying one of those v shaped sticks that you find water with.

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

model - Terrifying beasts roaming the streets are as good a reason as any.

punctuation - Ha! True story! Uncanny resemblance.

AFC - Stealth, that's how.

Londonlass - His twin, perhaps.

Gump - Much as he captured mine.

Breeza - Does your guitar teacher wear bear skin coats?

perp - Impressive, aren't they?

em - When in Leeds...he's clearly making his way up the country.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir