Monday, 20 December 2010

London tube fashion: What have you come as?

I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it.

The cold weather comes in and with it, our clothing morphs from the red, greens and pinks of summer into not-so-sprightly shades of d-u-l-l. I mean, yeah it's minus seven outside, but today some extremist is wearing a pair of black salopettes around my office. Cold makes people all weird.

For example. Upon seeing a snowy backdrop in ones garden, one might layer beige upon grey upon white upon, err, thick brown jackets, then top it all off with a matching furry hat:


But when the weather's closing in, the tubes are packing up and the hatches are coming down, it's nice to know that there are still fashion ambassadors spreading some nearly-neon coloured joy around London. I had to venture right out, far, far away, deep into the outer reaches of the Hammersmith and City line on a cold winter's night, but sure enough there it was: the bright at the end of the tunnel.

Creeping up with the Stealth-Cam, I caught it unawares.

The Lesser Spotted Blue-Trews.

Points for bravery. Points for the arctic theme.

And points for colour not being extinct.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

It's been a long time since you've done the fashion victim thing! Love it! x

Blonde said...

Hurrah! The return of What Have You Come As [day of the week]. Love. It.

(More than I love those blue... things. I'm all for a splash of colour, but eeesh, my eyes.)

London-Lass said...

Hurrah - am in the mood for traditions at the mo, and this is one of my favourites! Did spot a man galumphing up some escalators in Oxford Circus station tonight wearing a pair of pink spotted wellies. Unfortunately due to the fact that my mobile phone has a v. loud photographing sound (which I cant mute but only change to another loud photographing sound), he was galumphing v. quick and my covert photography skills arent as good as yours, I come with no photographic evidence. But, please, take my word for it, he looked lush.

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

Ellie - I've got my stealth photo mojo back.

Blonde - Well, taking photos of disasters around the world never had the same appeal as laughing at people from my own fair city. Long may WHUCA live!

Londonlass - It's all about the stealth-factor of your camera phone. I too have seen some fabulously awful wellies recently, but usually the little scamps are walking too quickly through the slush for me to keep up and snap. I feel your pain in seeing 'one that got away'.

theperpetualspiral said...

I missed the fashion disaster photos.

My Blackberry seems to have the loudest camera in the world, it makes taking sneaky snaps very difficult.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir