Tuesday, 3 June 2008

U-G-L-Y

I love shoes, oh how I love them. I love them more than chocolate.

Not just any shoes though, I love pretty shoes. Shoes which say "Buy me, buy me, your feet can't live without me", nothing over the top, (lord forbid: nothing patent)...nothing clumpy, just little, impressive shoes that decorate my southern extremities.

When I look for a pair of shoes, I think 'Will this pair emit sighs of beauty from passers by? Will they dress up even the dreariest outfit? Will they give me horrendous blisters (if so, no go). Do they have the ability to cheer me up, even if it just means taking a peek into the box, or wearing them around the house?'

Now, evidently - some people don't think like this. Aesthetics clearly aren't at the top of other people's shoe list. Practicality - yes, comfort, yes, even the need for waterproofing I can understand...


...But brown, gold studded, toe-capped horrors with moccasin style detailing? The preference for ugly shoes evades me every single time.

God. They are really awful. Worst of all, I don't think the (female) wearer was even foreign.

Yeah, I know. Eurgh.

7 comments:

Robbie said...

When it comes to your fashion no-nos I've often disagreed with you, but I'm totally on your side with this.
It's almost like a shoe maker's influence was "two wrongs make a right, so 4 wrongs must be fantastic!"

Lapa said...

Very discusting shoes.
I wouldn't buy them.
Nevertheless they look strong...

AFC 30K said...

9117I too love shoes. My current favourite are the bespoke chestnut brown Chelsea boots made just for me by Church's in Northampton.


They are amazing, and a lovely early farthers day gift from Wifey...

China Blue said...

How ironic: wearers of fugly shoes like this need a good shoeing.

theperpetualspiral said...

Oh my, those are very very poor indeed.

Blue soup said...

Something makes me think you won't like my footwear...

See http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2560033765_35d60b22f5.jpg

weenie said...

The lens on your camera was obviously not wide enough to take in her white stick...

Ewww!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir