Friday, 2 May 2008

It's just a normal day...

Happy bank holiday weekend to the UKers. And when you're lying in bed enjoying your lie in on Monday morning, think of me................at work. Again (hopefully minus the animal cruelty this time).

Oh yes - Jo is working on a bank holiday, think of it as your assurance that there will be rants next week. Ipso, facto, h'oh yeah. In the meantime, I'm off up to the boyfriend's parental home in Suffolk for 2 days in the middle of nowhere, hurrah for being out of London.


Onto other, more pressing matters in the shape of this, something that has baffled me all week. I cannot think of a logical solution. Let me set the scene: Underground. Central line. Friday night. Last week. If anyone has any suggestions as to why this lone, seemingly normal oldish man, wearing your average oldish man clothing combo of anorak, jeans, glasses, shirt....also had a fluffy cowboy hat on his lap...I'd love to hear them.



Smell ya later.

9 comments:

Homer said...

Whereabouts in Suffolk?

(Ahhh... home)

arbyn said...

There's an easy explanation for the fluffy cowboy hat: He's just back from Skeggy.

rosiewishes said...

That's fantastic!

James UK said...

I reckon he's the guy that tests "bucking bronco" machines for the Queen at Buck-ingham Palace...

;-)

But forget that! Guess what classic sweet makes it's return for a short time very soon...

OPAL FRUITS! Hooray!

See http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/emails/opal_fruits.html for more!

The Analyst said...

Looking at it closely, note the silver tiara. So, I'm thinking he's carrying it for his daughter. Why? Either she's somewhere dressed up and forgot it, and he's coming to the rescue, or, he saw it in a used articles shop and thought she'd love it, so bought it for her. He looks very comfortable having it in his lap, so it must be totally innocent, right?

Lapa said...

I think he might just be that cool old man... who atracted your attention and your camera.

No lapa he is from Texas thats explains the mistery of the silver hat.

An Texano in London.

pinkjellybaby said...

I have no explaination but it's brilliant!

theperpetualspiral said...

Well you're not the only person working today.

I do find that there are some very stranger people who use the underground. Yesterday at Ladbroke Grove, a chap got on and had an animated conversation with himself, complete with wild, expressive arm movements, all the way to Hammersmith. It was only when he got off, did I see that he had odd shoes on!

Robbie said...

Perhaps he has been chasing big fluffy clouds.

There was a place I used to work, it was just down the road from the Old Liverpool Airport. There used to be a small festival that went on down there that started while I was still in work during two August Bank Holidays. It was called Creamfields, you may of heard of it. They were my two most annoying bank holidays in work.
Oh and the year I worked Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir