Thursday, 20 March 2008

What have you(r feet) come as?

I've seen some mental shoe-age in my time, but never have those shoes been fully visible from the opposite end of a train platform. Rarely am I forced to grab sunglasses in order to satisfy my innate fashion curiosity and take a closer look.

I'm even starting to wonder if I've missed something; perhaps H&M Flourescents is a clothing line so bright it has been banned from shop floors. Maybe Nike Neons are confined to underground warehouses in order to prevent employees and shoppers going blind from overexposure to the rays. Perhaps the French are leading the way with this trend and the "all-in-one, all in one, neons are a lot of fun" ski suit man I spotted on the slopes in January was foreseeing the craze about to sweep over the Channel. The Alps would be the perfect place for flouro-wear to take off, after all, everyone out there wears sunglasses to block out the sun already, so no precautions for neon would have to be taken. Its marketing genius.

No surprise then that with France leading the way, others followed. This girl had clearly been to the flagship store of Day Glow Apparel in Regent Street and gone with their 'Westside, I'm Street, Get Me.' range in flourecent pink.


An inspired choice I'm sure you'll agree. What's more, it looks like given the precarious nature of London streets these days, youths are declaring "Function over fashion!" with regards to their safety while out rebelling late at night. Word, big up your day-glo shoes n socks. If it helps me to see the little rascals coming, I'm all for it.

13 comments:

surviving myself said...

hey, they match her shirt! She's one of those smart people.

London-Lass said...

Dear Lord. What is wrong with some people???

Smartphone said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Miss Understood said...

Ummmm, Jo?

I like them!

Well, I kind of like them. They'd match my pink shiny bodywarmer :)

James said...

I'm thinking that might actually be you in that picture Jo. You've bought a new pair of pumps haven't you, and you want some peer acceptance for your slightly obscure taste.

Each to their own.

Boy said...

Awwww Je t'aime! I bought new shoes yesterday and I'm GUTTED as I've clearly missed the fashion bandwagon I so wish to be part of.

China Blue said...

I wonder where she got them from? 1992?

Anonymous said...

I think she should sit up straight and not impede the aisles.
Such behaviour these days!

Reluctant Blogger said...

Yuck. I don't like pink anyway but this takes my dislike to an entirely new level. I feel quite ill.

Have a lovely weekend.

Bec said...

Now that's co-ordinating to a whole new level!

nuttycow said...

Ow - my eyes!

You could have given us a warning at least.

Elle said...

Christ alive.

Whilst on the subject of the 90s, I saw someone last week wearing a shell suit.

Yeah. A SHELL SUIT.

Damn freaky I tell ya!

Sophie said...

wicked blog, I'll def be back :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir