Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

...apart from the little screamer on the tube this morning, whose mother would not tell to 'pipe down' and thus reaffirmed the notion of noise as unwanted sound. When you're running late and the tube has stopped for no apparent reason just outside of the station, the last thing you need is a rendition of a Bjork song alá five year old to cheer you on your way. Begone, rascal.


Having scraped into Picadilly for my appointment with a job agency only marginally late, I signed up and became a 'mobile worker'. The key is to badger these agencies weekly until they give you work, and I plan on doing just that because at the moment, it's Tesco's Jelly Babies all round in the way of Christmas presents. Signed up and raring to go, I took a trip up Regent Street and wondered down Oxford Street with a view to nipping into Selfridges to get a birthday present for my mum. Get this right - true story - I've had compeed blister plasters and a blister stick thing in my bag as a precaution with my new heels. After 6 eeks, like yesterday, I took them out and switched bags, leaving them on my bed. Today, as luck would have it, my now 6 week old shoes started giving me jip at position critical (i.e. half way down Oxford Street) and rubbed like a biiiiiiattttccccch til I got home. How bloody typical is that?

However, at home presents awaited me. My ebay buy had arrived and then DHL delivered me a rather unexpected little gift courtesy of Eric Bompard cashmere.


Ooh la la, Hotty Mc Trotty, one does enjoy a soft touch to ones hat and glovvies and one does rather enjoy the 20% off deal on said website at the moment, including free postage to the UK. When you're skintos like me and relying on temp agencies during their busiest time, you'll take all the money-off deals you can get. One glove for mum, one for dad, a hat for the dog and everyone's a winner. Tally ho.

PS. A Wonderful WHUCA Wednesday awaits you tomorrow. Ohhh yeah.

8 comments:

pink jellybaby said...

my 2 year old boots that i'm trying so hard to find replacements for have just started to hurt....they've got so worn out that they're losing their comfy :( ihate shoes

James said...

How annoying, I find that with my hee...er...anyway...

Was that a free gift from Eric Bompard? You seem to be a dab hand at acquiring freebies.

London-Lass said...

Shoes never last on me either. Have a tendency to either have lovely comfy insides but wear out on the outside so fast you think they were made of butter, or as sturdy as rock on the outside but like a row of teeny tiny serrated knives inside. And what's with all the free gifts...? Who are you sleeping with ...?

Jo said...

PJB - Oh tell me about it. I have a pair of boots which decide on the day whether they're going to be comfy or not.Yesterday they really hurt, so I have blisters on my heel as well as my toes :(

James - Indeed it was...a little bit of promotion goes a long way and keeps me snug in the winter ;)

Londonlass - I seduce the companies with my charm, not my body....err, and couple that with some free publicity. And my toesies hurtttt.

joseph said...

hello...

Bec said...

I have been visiting my recruitment agencies so often one lot 'banned' me with a 'don't call us' thing. Interview tomorrow - am feeling good about it.

Jo said...

joseph - HAWWOWWWW....have you nothing else to add? Just hallo?

Bec - that's hardcore...did they do the whole 'no no no...we'll call you?' thing? Teehee

Bec said...

Yep, with a "it must be such a pain for you to come all the way in here - we'll drop you an email if we can't get you on your mobile". I've become such a pain to them that they don't even want to hear my voice...

Don't they know the only way to get me to back off is to find me a freakin' job?!?!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir