Monday, 15 October 2007

First day as a slave, I mean, unpaid worker

Today was mostly spent staring at a computer answering innane questions about health and safety, with the odd exemplary (and often hilarious, even though it wasn't meant to be) video clip thrown in for good measure. It took practically all day, but as I arrived at 11 and left at half 5, that's a bit of an overstatement. The most exciting thing about today was that the programme I'm working on is actually filmed in the office, which doubles as a studio...so I'm looking forward to a live shooting day. My plan is to sneak in the background and look very important shuffling papers. The 'HI MUM' sign will give it away though, so don't worry, you'll know it's me.

My other favourite bit was the canteen. It's a canteen like I've never seen before, with the biggest selection of really nice food...not skanky rank stuff either and cheapy cheapy as well. Being a bit adverse to some sorts of food (i.e. sandwiches, don't ask) these things matter, you see. I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for hungry television types and reporting on their food of choice. Don't you worry.

The other work experience girl who started with me today also seems normal which is nice, especially as I'm sitting next to her, eating with her and walking to the station with her each day. Conversation flowed freely over lunch, no awkward silences...it's awful when you're stuck with someone and they're a complete snooze bucket isn't it...but no, things seem fine in the normality department. Ha. I haven't checked for missing fingers and toes, I'll do that tomorrow.

Best of all...above everything...I don't start until 10AM!!!!!!!! WAAAOOOOOOOOP! There is ROAST CHICKEN IN THE OVEN! WAaaaaoooOOP! I'm looking forward to tomorrow WAOOOOPPPPP!

Regards,

A distinctly non-ranty Jo

6 comments:

Ella said...

I had to double-check I had the right blog there, most definately an un-ranty jo! I'm hoping to figure out which biiiig broadcaster ur working for very soon ...

the boy who likes to... said...

Whats the deal with the random chicken comment? :D

Jo said...

Ella - don't worry i'll be back on form before you know it...happyness in a job never lasts long.

the boy - there's just something heartwarming about having roast chicken in the oven on a monday evening. complete with stuffing, gravy, parsnips and mashed potato. couldn't help but shout about it :D

London-Lass said...

Hmm. Some people can start off `normal' at first, and then they turn out to be out & out lunatics. Keep on eye on that girl. If you know what's good for you.

PS : Glad all's going well over at the big British Broadcasting Corporation Company :)

Hannah said...

Huh. Happiness. This is a new concept around here...

*Shuffles off, lost*

Jo said...

londonlass - day 2 and she still seems fairly normal. only time will tell. today she offered me an apple...if I keel over and die you'll know something's up.

hannah - I'm waiting for the reality check...the 'urrrrghhh i hatttee thisss' feeling to kick in. So far, all is well.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir