Wednesday, 26 September 2007

It's spitting

Yesterday I sent off applications for work experience to the BBC and various publishing houses. I mentioned this blog in the 'interests' section, and put down the address of PDEWYMO in brackets. I'm not sure if this was a good or bad move. Maybe I'll cut down on the vulgarities...you know, front-bum instead of minge etc.

I woke up this morning after another rather active night of dreams, I can only assume that my lack of daytime activities is causing all this night-time excitement, but I'm not complaining. I sometimes get to punch people which I can never do in real life. Usually I just slap. Anyway.

Also this morning's facebook 'friend request' was from a boy (one of a set of triplets, 2 of whom were identical) who I remember from school. I've been sitting here trying to remember whether it was him or his identical brother who spat at me on the way home one day, maybe it's time to dig out the diaries and find out. I'm sure that now, 7 years on, I'll have no problem in mustering something in return.

If you've ever been spat at, you'll know it's a very odd experience. As with most unexpected happenings, you'd like to think that you'd have some sort of immediate instinct that would kick in; a well timed slap, a choice selection of words, something appropriate that compares to the utter repulsiveness of saliva being deposited on your person. Conversely, I remember being rather dumbstruck that he'd done it and standing there not knowing what to do or say. I think one of the girls I was walking home with offered me a tissue. I can't remember what made him do it, maybe I'd told this little git to F-off, who knows. I do remember not expecting it and I remember doing nothing in return, so I guess it had the desired effect for him.

It's happened twice, actually, but the second time was a little less personal. I was in my car and a horrible capped, tracksuit-bottomed specimin on a moped just stopped in the middle of the road in front of me. Like he was deciding where to go, mucking about, just sat there sideways on. My window was open and I shouted 'What the F--- are you doing you idiot? Get out the way!' and as he turned his moped around to go the other way, he aimed a blob of spit through my window, which dribbled onto the inside of my car. The same shock factor set in, you'd like to think that I'd turn my car around and run the little bastard off the road, but again, I didn't.

My friend Alice experienced something similar while driving in Leicester once and she couldn'tn do anything back. It seems like there's just no response available sometimes. And funny how it's always boys.

So I suppose one thing facebook will afford me this time is the opportunity for some well chosen words and the chance to say what I didn't then. It's a shame, but I doubt he'll remember the situation at all, it's often the way these things are.

13 comments:

one girl said...

are you serious? some a$$ hole you spat on you is asking to be your friend? I think you should tell him which hole to shove THAT in...!

AFC 30K said...

Never mind that; what are you going to do now you've graduated?

Jo said...

one girl - pretty arseholish isn't it. Could be wrong, it could have been his brother...thats the trouble with identical twinnies, two arseholes for the price of one.

afc - OH NO YOU DI'NT...DON'T EVEN GOOOOO THERE GIRLFRIIIEENNNNDDDD

AFC 30K said...

Just a small point, but you said Girlfriieennnndddd.

I'n not actually of the female pursuasion, in fact I'm more of a sort of bloke. Aluthough I won't hold taht against you (excuse the pun..)

Although I have to admit this facebook thing is a little odd, I'd pefer to call, text, email or IM my friends. Having said that I have been poked by a few people with whom I'd lost touch and did actually want to catch up with. but other than that I can't understand the hype....

Jo said...

Me and facebook don't get on all that well, not recently anyway. All the new applications, as well as the undesirable "friends" who keep adding me, are seeming more hassle than it's worth...

Julia Buckley said...

Oh god, please don't say front-bum - somehow I find that really horrid! What's wrong with minge? Nothing I say!

Jo said...

Oh, I don't object to the word minge, I just wondered whether front-bum would be lesss......obvious?

;)

Miss Understood said...

I hate minge and front bottom and fanny and twat. You can't beat a good ol' fashioned cu**.

I was spat on once. By a bloke. And yep...I just stood there.

londongirl said...

I hate those "I was horrible to you at school but now let's be friends" people. Bollocks to that. I have enough friends and managed fine without you for fifteen years.

ooooh you've set my blood boiling!

Drama Queen said...

WOW. I never got passed the bit about putting your BLOG! ADDRESS! ON! A! JOB! APPLICATION! FORM!. . .brave, brave girl!

Emerald-Skies said...

Just proves it - boys are just horrible!!!!

Jo said...

miss understood - There's not alot you can really do to top it i suppose. Bar kicking them in the nuts. Gotta have better reflexes than mine to do that though!

Londongirl - I know, it's getting ridiculous now...facebook's become more of a hindrance than a good thing "Will I offend if I don't accept...do I care....Do I want to be in contact with that person..."

DQ - hahahaha....Oh I know, it was a moment of madness. But it's only for a work experience placement, I figured I had to make myself stand out from the thousands of other applicants somehow. Anyway, it's good promotion ;) I've yet to put it on my CV though...

emerald skies - A fact we've alllllll known since circa 1984. Boys will be boys, and boys will be more stupid than girls. Fact!

London-Lass said...

I dont like the word `minge' either as it just always sounded a little mean to me. It's also one letter away from `mange' so just not a good wind in my book. And as for the spitting ... I completely get what you mean about the shocked/dumb struck factor. I've never been spat on (touch wood, fingers crossed, etc., etc) but did once have some nice boy decide to upend the rest of his McDonalds carton of Coke on my hair as I was just casually passing by with a mate, minding my own business, etc., etc. And like you, words failed me. All I could do was just stand there blinking, with the Coke straw balanced on top of my head (fact pointed out to me later by my mate) wondering why on earth he did it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir