Wednesday, 18 April 2007

In-cred-i-bull

Have had an immensely satisfying day in uni, which is a sentence I never thought I'd say. Found out my essays from last term are back from the external marker who checks over the marks given by our tutors, and that nice man / woman saw fit to push all my marks up higher, putting two of them into distinction territory (70+). Fan-fucking-tastic. The only reason I'm telling you is because I've been telling anyone else who'll listen all day as well, what better way to share my joy with the world than to blog it. Ha.

Seriously though...it's a bit bad because I've never got these kind of marks at masters or under grad level...and now I've got a bit of a taste for it and it's given me a feeling of 1) ok maybe I can get a masters with distinction and conversely, 2) shit...now I've got high expectations to live up to. I quite liked being an average - mark achiever.


Oh well, am off out tonight to celebrate anyway...even though it's probably not the best idea as my shoulder ache has turned into keep-you-awake-at-night-pain, so I'm tired from being up half the night and numbing the sharp sensation every time I turn my head with ibuprofen gel. But still, alcohol succeeded in elevating the symptoms on Monday so its money well spent really.

On another note, I think I have discovered the most irritating man on TV. Anyone watch Eggheads the quiz show on BBC 2 in the evening?

I give you C.J De Mooi whose intensely slappable, slightly cross-eyed face looks like this:



He really is unbearably smug. His website is so misleading because he's smiling in most of the pictures, whereas in reality he just sits there with this smug condescending look that says 'You know nothing, you thick meagre cretin' when people fail to know the answer to a question like 'How many freckles did Henry VII have on his arm?' which of course, he invariably knows.

Anyway. If you're reading this CJ, if you happen to do a google search for smug bastard and your name comes up...know this. I'm onto you sunshine. Your not the only one with an English degree around here. I want to push you into a pond.




Technorati tags:
, ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the CJ thing!!! He is soooo annoying...he's constantly pulling faces if others cannot get the answer and he seems to always be in total disbelief if he got a question wrong...he is punchable!!! I'm glad others feel the same!

Anonymous said...

He does a quiz in our local in Sturminster Newton on mondays and he is always stareing at my boyfriend, and last monday he touched his leg. I dont really know him and I dont watch eggheads but he is one person I wouldn't hessitate to kick in the head. hehe.

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

Right...that's it...now I know his local, I'm off to lynch CJ. Who's with me?

Anonymous said...

He´s cute! I want to torture him to death!!!"*evil grin*

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir